Open Positions: Tree Service Estimator/Salesperson
Duties: The Tree Service Estimator/Salesperson is a challenging year-round position requiring a desire to work outdoors, knowledge about tree care, as well as practical experience in estimating tree pruning and tree removals. You must understand all of the logistics required to successfully deliver a crew, and you must be able to guarantee a quality work product along with an excellent client experience. A successful Tree Service Estimator/Salesperson has a strong work ethic and is a self-starter who enjoys interacting with the public and our employees. Training is provided to familiarize with sales and operational procedures. (We are also considering creating an ambassador-type position for someone with tree service knowledge who would represent the company at events and functions.)
Compensation: Compensation is approximately $60,000 to $100,000 per year. Hourly wage during training period – will discuss commission during interview. Commission based compensation is commensurate with production – your compensation will consist of an hourly wage while earning toward a percentage of business successfully completed, with proper margins, and timely completion of all paperwork.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to accurately estimate time and cost for crews to carry out pruning, removal, cabling, or other proposed tree care needs
- Meet with potential clients at job location and evaluate work needed
- Perform site inspections for proposal preparation
- Provide estimates to prospects and clients
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance and image while on client sites.
- Works with management and crews to schedule and complete jobs
- Assists with crew training on proper tree care techniques and reviewing crew work for quality and efficiency
- Maintains company vehicle and equipment
- Follows up on estimates, change orders and resolving issues as needed
- Continually prospects for new business
- Some data entry using computer and/or tablet
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- A minimum of 2 years of tree service experience including knowledge of tree species, diagnosis and tree assessment
- Self-motivated individual with a can-do, positive, and upbeat attitude
- Ability to effectively price tree care recommendations and other services offered
- Strong customer service skills and telephone etiquette
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Basic computer proficiency. Microsoft Office preferred
- Attentive to details, analytical skills, and basic math skills
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Demonstrates role model behaviors by adhering to high standards of ethics, integrity, and safety
- Valid Driver’s License with clear driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check including drug screening
TO APPLY: Please complete the Employment Application online or download the application form and submit a cover letter and your resume by email to email@example.com. On the subject line of your email, please enter the job title and your name. Your cover letter should briefly explain your related job experience and also tell us more about you and why you’re interested in this position. Your application should contain a complete employment history including education and professional training. Successful candidates are required to pass a drug test and a pre-employment physical prior to a formal offer of employment. For positions that require driving skills, please have your DMV printout and valid identification with you if you are invited for an interview.
"I had the opportunity of working again with Jeff at Fine Tree Care. What I love about this company is they do not butcher your yard. They sculpt it. I live in a redwood forest and taking care of tall trees is not an easy task. Fine Tree Care goes out of their way with a vision on how to keep the forest safely back from your house yet let you enjoy all the beauty that a forest offers.
Jeff has a artistic eye and can look at a dense thicketed forest and see how to maximize the beauty that is there. They made my property look like a beautiful park by carefully sculpting my trees into different heights and giving me some depth so I can look into the trees. They also fixed my driveway that had redwoods coming up in it. They used a stump grinder on the root and got it out. They patched it properly with asphalt. How many tree companies will do that for you? I now have worked with Jeff for 9 years and i know when I call Jeff, I am getting the best. Love this company. All the employees take pride in what they do- and that is why, they are the best in Sonoma." ~ Merry M., Camp Meeker CA